Welcome to my all new blog called tis the food. Drop by, why don’tcha?
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I just wanted to say that I’ve been thinking, and have decided to create a totally separate food blog for my recipes. So don’t get scared or intimidated or anything like that if you start to notice that all the recipes are slowly disappearing one by one…
I’ll give the link when all the dirty work’s done!!
If you’re anything like me, Macaroni and Cheese is your go-to comfort food, no questions asked. There’s just something about the savory, melty cheese and the al dente macaroni that just clicks. Like they were destined to be together, like Bella and Edward (I’m guessing Bella is the macaroni and Edward the cheese?). And there’s certainly nothing greater than freshly made warm mac and cheese! Who can think of an excuse not to eat that masterpiece? The only excuse would be that you were allergic (and if you really are, I feel for you)
But oh yes, there is definitely a way to revive the leftover mac and cheese in your fridge to its former glory! No more gunky cheese for you! It’s fairly simple: all you need is leftover mac and cheese (I used kraft) some olive, garlic, and veggies. That’s how easy it is! See, macaroni and cheese makes everything better.
Just chop the veggies and cook them, and then add the good stuff. As how the Kraft dinosaur would say it, CHEESE ME!
Leftover Stir-Fry Mac and Cheese
- leftover macaroni and cheese (preferably a day old)
- roughly chopped garlic or onion (I used garlic)
- as much chopped vegetables as you want (I had some scallions, asparagus, and carrots available)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a skillet or wok on medium heat. Add the oil.
- Cook the garlic in the oil until it becomes slightly aromatic, about 1 minute
- Add the vegetables, stir, and then cover and cook until tender (mine took 5 minutes, but depending on the vegetables and the amount, it may take a different amount of time)
- Add the macaroni, stir for a few minutes until it is heated, and serve
For all the Alice in Wonderland fans out there-this one is for you!
I just wanted to share with you guys my new background picture on my desktop. Thanks so much to ‘bri-chan at deviantart.com for drawing this wonderfully hilarious and awkward photo. What Alice is saying seems so true!! And I just love the mad hatter’s expression as to being referred to that…Ah I just can’t get over how awesome this is. Come see the original version here